Hello foodies! After a long festive holiday, I’m here again! Hope you all have enjoyed the festive seasons with your family.
Today is Karva Chauth; and I’m going to share a very easy and quick recipe for the husbands. All the wives are fasting today for long lives of their husbands. So I think, husbands have to cook something for them. And ‘Paneer Pakoda’ is perfect to cook in a few times and with a few ingredients. So, husbands! It is the high time! Proof your love, cook something for your wives……….
- Paneer or Cottage cheese: 450 grams
- Pickle or Chutney: 6-8 teasp.
- Gram flour (besan): 2 cup
- Carom Seeds (Ajwin): ½ teaspoon
- Red chilli powder: ½ teaspoon
- Baking Soda: a pinch
- Oil: to deep fry
- Salt: to taste
- Cut cottage cheese or paneer into little large pieces.
- Cut square pieces from the large piece of paneer.
- Slit in between the square pieces of paneer and make a pocket in each piece.
- Now put the pickle or chutney in the pocket. The paneers are ready to make pakoda.
- In a bowl, mix gram flour with red chilli powder, carom seds, soda bicarbonate and salt.
- Add sufficient water and whisk well to make a batter of a coating consistency.
- Heat the oil in a kadai.
- Dip each cottage cheese baton in the batter and deep fry on medium heat till crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot with a chutney or sauce of your choice.