Here is the recipe of Bengali Aloor Dam; serve it in a high-breakfast or Dinner with Luchi or Paratha or Pulao; you will become Kitchen-Queen of your home!
Aloor Dam (Dam Aloo in Bengali Style)
- Potato (Big): 7-8 pieces
- Onion Paste: 2tablespoon
- Ginger paste: 1/2 tablespoon
- Garlic paste: 1tablespoon
- Tomato (chopped): 1 piece
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili powder: 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder: to taste
- Oil: 1cup
- Sugar: ¼ teaspoon
- Salt: as per taste
- Wash and peel the Potatoes. Cut every Potato into four pieces. Marinate them with turmeric and salt. Leave it aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan. When it is warm enough, add the potatoes. Fry them till they become golden brown and keep aside.
- Now add the onion paste in the same oil and fried until it becomes golden brown. Then add ginger paste, garlic paste, tomatoes and mix well. Fried 2-3 min.
- Now, add some water, turmeric, red chili, cumin, coriander powder and salt and mix well. Let the curry cook till it starts oozing water.
- Add little of water, the fried potatoes and stir well. After 2-3 minutes, when the oil separates from the gravy, add some more water and cover the pan.
- Take it off the flame and add the garam mashala powder when the potatoes will well cooked.
- Serve hot with Vegetable Pulao or Paratha.