Chanar Kofta Curry (Kofta Curry with Cottage Paneer)
- Chana or Cottage Paneer:- 200gm.
- Suji (semolina):- 2 tablespoon
- Potato(big size):- 3 pieces
- Onion (slice in fine pieces):- 3pieces
- Ginger paste: - 1teaspoon
- Garlic paste :- 1teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder (if you want):- 1teaspoon
- Kashmiri red Chili Powder:- 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder:- 1teaspoon
- Coriander Powder:- 1teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder:- 1/2teaspoon
- Bay leaves:- 2pieces
- Cumin Seeds:- ½ teaspoons
- Garam Mashala (powder):- 1/2teaspoon
- Curd (Dahi) (blended):- 100gm.
- Mustard / Refined Oil: - to need
- Sugar:- 1teaspoon
- Ghee:- 1teaspoon
- Salt:- to taste
- Mix the chana or cottage paneer together and knead them with the palm very well.
- Now, make balls from this mixture like lemon and deep fry in oil. Roll the Koftas in cornflower before putting them in oil. Your Kofta is ready now.
- Cut the potatoes in square pieces.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom pan and fry the potatoes with salt and a pinch of turmeric powder till it become brownish.
- In the same oil, pour in the bay leaves and cumin seeds and fry till it smells.
- Add the onion paste, ginger paste, cumin powder and Coriander Powder, curd, turmeric powder, sugar and salt and mix well. Cook for 2-3min. and doesn’t stop stirring.
- When it become dry, add the fried potatoes and 1/2cup of water. Cook more 2min and continue stirring.
- Add sufficient water (as the Koftas absolve much water). Cover and let it cook for 10-15 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the Koftas when the potato well cooked and let it cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Take it off the flame when the Koftas become soft and absolve water.
- Drizzle spoonful ghee and garam mashala powder just before serving.
- Serve hot with Rice or plain Roti or Paratha.