Hello foodies! Welcome to my new blog! I have been writing the blog “Glimpses of India” since 15th August,2012 . Today as my readers requested, I’m going to publish this new blog “From The Kitchen Of an Indian Homemaker”. I want to celebrate the first anniversary of “Glimpses of India” and I think it’s the best gift to you. This blog is only about cooking; recipes, foods, kitchen tips and food-quiz! Sounds interesting? Yes, I am also planning for a quiz contest which shall be one of the features of this blog. On the basis of right answers and regular activities in my two blogs as well as the page, ‘The Foodie of the Month’ shall be chosen. I have planned for more contest and activities which would be revealed in future. So, cheer up friends and join me to have great fun! Here we go……….
Recipe of the day
My first recipe is ‘the most popular recipe of ‘Flavors of India’. It’s just a tribute to ‘Glimpses of India with Koyeli’, on its first anniversary! Hope you like it.
Sukto (A Bengali Cuisine)
· Parwals (Patol):- 3 piece
· Bitter gourd (Karela): - 3 piece
· Green bananas: - 1 piece
· Drumstick veggies:- 3 piece
· Potato:- 2 piece
· Egg Plant:- 2 piece
· Mustard/refine oil:- 1/4cups
· Medium Size Bari/Bori
( Sun Dried Small Pulse Cakes ):- 5piece
· Ginger Paste:- 1tsp
· Red Chili Powder(if you want):- 1tsp
· Turmeric Powder:- 1/2tsp
· Ghee:- 2tsp
· Panch Phoran:- 1/2tsp
· Panch Phoran and black pepper
(roasted and grinded):- 2tsp
· Sugar:- 2tsp
· Salt:- to taste
1. Peel and chop all the vegetables into medium pieces.
2. Heat Oil and then fry the Boris in it and keep aside. Also fry the bitter gourd in it and keep aside
3. Add panch phoran, vegetables, turmeric powder, salt in the same oil and mix well. Cook for 5min.
4. Now add the Fried Boris and bitter gourd to it. Add all the Spices to it and mix well. Add Water and let the vegetables simmer well and get cooked.
5. Take it off the flame when the vegetables well cooked. Add ghee and roasted panch phoran & black pepper.
6. Serve hot with rice.
Tips of the day
1. Use pinch of Black Cumin between two books to get rid of pests.
2. Use lemon juice to remove stain on your dress and leave it for 15min. Then wash with detergent. The stain vanishes!
Question of the day
Tell me friends, if Bitter Gourd or Karela is not available in your kitchen; what should be the best option to substitute it for this recipe?
Answer in the comment box bellow.
Well friends, that’s all for today. We will meet again on Monday with new recipes. Please, let me know how you like the blog and if you want any special recipe, please feel free to tell me. Good bye! Wishes for upcoming weekend. Take care.
|Happy Independence Day|